navy zig

Friday, April 3, 2015

~ 7 Months ~

Our little man is growing up.  He was 7 months on the 1st and tipping the scale at 15 pounds!  Brian is starting to be so much fun.  He is smiling and interacting.  He'll have little conversations and is definitely more expressive.  It makes all the long days go a little faster!  


Smiles are hard to get pictures of! 

Our Dr gave us the go ahead to try adding some food to his diet.  He is still struggling to eat.  That is really our biggest issue right now.  We've got maybe a month before we seriously talk surgery for our little man.  It is really hard and gets frustrating.  We know that he knows how to eat, but Brian's just very selective about it.  Sometimes he will take a whole bottle (4oz) and then other times only half an ounce.  He needs a full bottle 7 times a day to get the needed calories to grow and heal.  We are hoping that by introducing solids early he might be able to take off and do well with that.  Who knows!  We went to see a feeding therapist and they pretty much had no input.  Said that I was doing well and to continue what we are doing and hopefully he will just figure it out.  Gee, Thanks! 

The weather has been so nice lately!  We have been going on our daily walks in the afternoon.  Brian takes a little nap and I get some sunshine and exercise.
Win - Win. 



Look at this chunker in the tub!  Bathtime is still his favorite. 


Our tube free baby.  I switch our his feeding tube and nasal cannula every weekend for new ones.  And of course take lots of pictures with his cute, clean face.  This weekend he was off oxygen for over two hours!  He did SO good.  Even while eating his oxygen saturation was in the 90s.  He is getting closer and closer to not needing it any more.  We have an appointment with the lung Dr in two weeks and I will be very interested to hear his thoughts on weaning the oxygen!  You can do it Buddy! 


My handsome boys. 



We had some friends over to watch March Madness.  It was pretty intense.  :)  And this is Brian's girlfriend Juliet.  She is modeling some new baby leggings I made! 



I've been doing some sewing at nights when Carl is home.  It is so nice to just get away a little bit and do something different.  I made this whole little set for Baby Weston including a swaddle blanket, leggings, burp cloth and a hat!  Then I made a little romper for Brian to wear up at the lake this summer.  It's the perfect "fishing with Grandpa" outfit. 



He's been throwing up more too.  The joys of motherhood.  :) 


Carl and Brian like to play catch at night.  




Brian and I are best friends.  We spend every day together.  Doing a lot of tummy time, reading books, going for walks and hanging out in the Bjorn.  He smiles whenever he sees me and so far I'm the only one he will really make eye contact with.  I just love it.  Carl in the mean time is trying to teach him to say "da da". 



I promise I'm a good mom.  This little stinker managed to throw up, pull his feeding tube out and almost fall out of his swing while I was blow drying my hair!  I checked on him after the shower and he was cool, then I walked into this about 5 minutes later...



More pictures of eating, but we think a messy baby face is adorable.  Hopefully he catches on to the whole eating concept. 

Carl is traveling for work next week, so I am planning my first solo outing with Brian.  We are driving to MI and spending the week at the lake with my family!  I am SO excited to get out and do something new.  We have been tethered to our house for the past three months, only going out for doctor visits or walks in our neighborhood.  A change of scenery is desperately needed.  I'm betting this little buddy will be getting LOTS of extra snuggles this week.  :) 

5 comments:

  1. Lauren, he is such a honey! Enjoy your time in MI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your little man so much! ❤ Sending prayers and hugs for safe travels next week. I will miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at at his blue eyes in that picture...see you tomorrow sweet bot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is looking so much older! Precious boy! Lauren you look so beautiful and your seeing skills are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did I just see this post now?? Lauren he is the CUTEST.

    ReplyDelete