navy zig

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hanging out at home

Brian and I have been best friends the last few weeks.  He's been a little bit sick so his favorite place in the world is attached to me in some way.  Not even his Johnny Jump Up or his jumpy play yard thing will do the trick.  Sweet boy will cry crocodile tears and then throw up if I don't get him quick enough.  But that's OK.  He's sweet as can be and the happiest thing in his Bjorn.  

 

We had physical therapy last week and they did a 6 month reassessment.  Good news - Brian is measuring right on track for a "normal" 7 month old baby!  There are three parts to the test, Brian scored at 7 months for one, 5 months for another (the motor developmental part, think picking up cheerios, sitting for >60 seconds, reaching for a toy more than a foot away) and 8 months in the reflex part.  So the average was right around 7!  We still need to work on some of those motor skills but we are very happy with how well he is doing.  Crazy to believe that the next big steps are crawling/walking! 


Dad's are so silly.  But he was having so much fun!  I need to go dust the top of my fridge now.  


I've been sewing A TON since we've been home.  I've made baby bedding for two of my friends and have been sewing to get ready for our craft show in T- 4 weeks.  Rachel and I are a little bit in panic mode about that.  Let's hope we have enough stuff! (and that the stuff we make sells...)


This is my sewing partner and Joanns shopping buddy.  


So, I kept hearing that Brian is the spitting image of Carl.  I looked up baby pictures!!  Carl is bottom left and I'm bottom right.  I think there's a little bit of me mixed up in there.  :) 


I also found this gem.  My mom's so pretty.  And I love the pleated shorts! ;) 


Brian's girlfriend Juliet came over for dinner the other night.  We all decided to be good parents and bring our kids to the park.  You know, to make them have fun.  Not too sure it was that big of a hit! But at least we tried.  




We also did a little photo shoot once we got back.  The babies loved the air conditioning!  It was a total coincidence that they coordinated outfits.  In the bottom picture you can see Brian's two teeth! 







Those babies have come a long way from this picture! 


Sweet sleepy baby! 


We are coming up on the year birthday for all these babies.  We're planning on celebrating with my family up at the lake over Labor Day weekend.  Brian and Charlotte are going to eat some delicious cupcakes and hopefully get some funny pictures.  I still cannot believe a year has almost gone by.  We will have to see how these next few weeks go!  


5 comments:

  1. He looks a lot more like you now that I see those pictures...and I wish I was as skinny as when I thought I was fat on that picture....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought the same thing, Terri--about me, of course. I remember when I thought I should lose 10 pounds! Oh, for those days again.

      Delete
  2. Love the post. So many great pictures! He sure has come a long way. So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this boy, his momma, and his grandma! Such cute old pics. I still get teary when I think about all his progress. I just love your little miracle boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teeth! I see them! Oh baby Brian, how you're growing and thriving! You have the most wonderful parents in the world. And I do think you look like your mom, too, little buddy. :) I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete